Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My true friend

 Well, Ive been stewing for a few days. I have been trying to decide how to put my thoughts into words. I have huge pet-peeves with recent activity on Facebook. I can not for the life of me figure out why when I post something on someones page, they delete my comment. If I am on their friend list and they have made a comment or have asked a general question and I respond, why delete my post? I'd rather they delete me all together than to dismiss my comment. In my mind, I see that as not caring of my opinion or being ignored. I believe I have people in my friend's list that I actually care what they are doing as well as value their opinion. If not, they wouldn't be there.
I also have an issue with people that want to be my friend via Facebook, but do not speak to me in public. Why? It does not make sense to me. To me, its like they want to know my personal business, but I'm not worthy enough for a hello or smile when passing in public. I don't know, maybe its just me and my self-esteem is so low, that I am reading this entirely wrong. I mean, I do not expect everyone to respond to every single thread I start. I also realize that we are all busy with daily activities and are preoccupied. I do consider myself to be friendly and outgoing. I would do anything for anyone. Im usually smiling and trying to say hi to everyone, even at Wal-Mart when my cashier is not looking at me. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Last, but not least. Why do some people want to be your friend in private? They will email or send private message, but they do not want their other friends to know they are speaking to you. I mean, I'm not a wild woman of the world. I have lost friends because I choose not to drink and party. I do regard myself as a Godly woman and tasteful. I have excellent references.
I have been dealing with the above for a while.I was angry about these things yesterday, until I received my daily text scripture from my friend, Donna. John 13:34 As a new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. This was my God-moment. I mean, I felt like I had been slapped in the face. I was so convicted after reading the verse and realizing how cynical I have been. Who am I to question these things? So what if I get my feelings hurt? I needed to be reminded that God is in control and trivial things do not matter. If I live to show love to others as He did, I am being a disciple for Him. I know I'm on His friend list and He on mine.

2 comments:

  1. This also spoke to me. I had to send it out like it was called to me hoping it would help someone else. We all have times in our life that we need someone to talk to and not think bad of us for what is own our minds and yes I have had people to act like they don't see me or they don't know me, I think that I'm just as important as they are in life, God made me too. I try to kill them with kindness it sometime works. We all need encouraging words from others and we need to encourage others also, you never know what is on their minds at the time we are coming in contact with them we all need to love each other we don't have to like what they are doing. We also never know when we will need to call on a friend. So be a faithful friend and love one another. Love you Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, a friend will also realize that sometimes we are all human and have times when we appear negative about certain things going on in life. Life was never promised to be all positive. I feel that we, in general, forget that at times, we may have come across as "negative" also. As a Christian, I am so thankful that my Saviour and Lord didn't hang me out to dry when I was negative or down. If we examine the apostles lives, we will see negativity and a down spirit in their lives also. But, Jesus, in His tender mercy, softly encouraged them to press on. How great is our God!

    ReplyDelete